Multivitamins (Enervon) is a yellow-colored, orange-flavored clear syrup.
This product will help provide the nutritional needs of children particularly during periods of rapid growth and increased physical activity. It contains B-complex vitamins (Vitamins B1, B2, B6, B12, Niacinamide, and Dexpanthenol) to help optimize conversion of food into energy that the body can utilize for numerous physiologic processes such as respiration, digestion, blood circulation, immune system response, and as fuel for physical activities. It also has vitamins A and C which together help the body’s natural defense against free radicals and help boost immune function.
Amount Per 5 mL
Vitamin A (as Palmitate)
Cholecalciferol (Vitamin D3)
Thiamine (Vitamin B1)
Riboflavin (Vitamin B2)
Pyridoxine (Vitamin B6)
Cyanocobalamin (Vitamin B12)
Ascorbic acid (Vitamin C)
WHAT IS IN THE MEDICINE?
This product provides nutrients essential for a child’s optimum growth and development:
To facilitate conversion of food to energy
- Vitamin B1 is required in the conversion of carbohydrate to energy.
- Vitamin B2 and Niacinamide are involved in energy release from carbohydrate, fat and protein.
- Vitamin B6 is required in the breakdown and utilization of protein.
For good eyesight and healthy skin
- Vitamin A helps maintain the normal health and function of the skin and plays a crucial role in promoting normal vision.
- Vitamin C is required in the formation of collagen, an important component which provides strength and elasticity to the skin.
For optimum bone health and longitudinal growth
- Vitamin D improves absorption and deposition of calcium, a mineral essential in bone formation.
- Vitamin C plays an important role in the formation of collagen, the main component of tendons, cartilage, teeth, and bones.
To maintain normal growth and division of cells and keep the blood healthy
- Vitamin B6 is required for healthy blood and the formation of hemoglobin (an oxygen-containing protein that gives blood its red color). It is also involved in DNA and RNA synthesis, hence important in cell division and growth.
For optimum brain development and normal nervous system function
- Vitamin B1 is required in conveying signals between nerve cells.
- Vitamin B6 is required in the formation of neurotransmitters to facilitate normal nervous system function.
- Vitamin B12 is required for the synthesis of myelin, the white sheath that surrounds nerve fibers.
To boost immune function
- Vitamin A helps optimize immune function by maintaining the normal health and function of the skin which provides the first line of defense against invading microorganisms.
- Vitamin C forms part of the body’s natural immune system; it stimulates the activity of antibodies and immune cells which inhibit foreign antigens such as bacteria and viruses that are harmful to the body
- Vitamins A and C are antioxidants that help protect the body from harmful free radicals by converting them to harmless substances.
WHAT IS THE MEDICINE USED FOR?
A nutritional supplement formulated to meet the nutritional needs of children during periods of increased physical activity, rapid growth and development.
HOW MUCH AND HOW OFTEN SHOULD YOU USE THIS MEDICINE?
This nutritional supplement should be taken orally, once a day.
1 – 3 yrs
2.5 – 5 mL (½ to 1 tsp)
4 – 12 yrs
5 mL (1 tsp)
Or, as directed by a doctor.
WHEN SHOULD YOU NOT TAKE THIS MEDICINE
If the child is allergic to any ingredient of the product.
There are no known undesirable effects with the amounts of nutrients in the product when used as directed.
WHAT OTHER MEDICINE OR FOOD SHOULD BE AVOIDED WHILE TAKING THIS MEDICINE?
The amounts of nutrients in the product are not expected to interact with food or medicines.
WHAT SHOULD YOU DO IF YOU MISS A DOSE?
If the child misses a dose, just give the next dose and the subsequent doses at the usual recommended schedule.
Do not double the dose.
SIGNS AND SYMPTOMS OF OVERDOSAGE
The B-complex vitamins (Vitamins B1, B2, B6, B12, Nicotinamide, and Dexpanthenol) and vitamin C are relatively nontoxic.
There are limited case reports of hypervitaminosis A after very high vitamin A doses ranging from 7,000 mcg/day (23,310 I.U. per day) in young children to 15,000 mcg/day (49,950 I.U.) in older children and adolescents. Symptoms included increased pressure in the brain, hair loss, increased suture markings on the skull, and skeletal abnormalities.
WHAT TO DO WHEN YOU HAVE TAKEN MORE THAN THE RECOMMENDED DOSAGE?
If the child has taken more than the recommended dosage, consult a doctor.
CARE THAT SHOULD BE TAKEN WHEN TAKING THIS MEDICINE
- Do not take more than the recommended dose.
- Do not use after the expiry date on the label
WHEN SHOULD YOU CONSULT YOUR DOCTOR?
If any undesirable effect occurs.
Bottles of 60 mL, 120 mL, 250 mL and 500 mL